The entrepreneurship program sponsored by TD Bank will culminate with the top five finalists getting invited to pitch their businesses live at the Canadian Women Entrepreneur Industry Gala (CWEgala) on May 30, 2023.
“We are at the heart of the small business communities across Canada, serving busy parents and women-led businesses, making growing their business just a bit easier so they can truly focus on what fuels their fire and the families they are growing,” Anna Sinclair, CEO and founder of Total Mom Inc., said in a statement. “Our goal is to create a powerful, educated, and strategic community to prepare mom entrepreneurs for the future.”
Here are Twenty Black entrepreneurs who were selected for the semifinal round. See the list below.
- Olivia Parker – Momtrepreneur University
- Esther Ijewere — Women of Rubies
- Melissa Igberaese — Beeluxe Studio
- Amanda Chigumira — FitChef Toronto Ltd.
- Efeoghene Oyeyemi — Periodt Immigration Consulting
- Cindy O. Ofume — STEMPorte Technology
- Asha Wheeldon — Kula Foods Inc.
- Lissa Appiah — We Apply Canada Inc.
- Zule Ankamah — Zuleeats
- Esther Hephizibah — Shine Transformation Consulting Services
- Nairobi Vision — Elemental Notes
- Janisa Weekes — The Cleaning Artists Toronto
- Shantae Cunningham — Agape
- Fenix George — FNX FASHN
- Marina Phillips — Bebe Station Inc.
- Ayissi Nyemba — EMKAO Foods Inc.
- Odessa Thornhill — Cultivate Your Own Wellness
- Vanessa Griffiths — Gift Better Co.
- Taneka Clarke Powell — Slayedbyten
- Taisha Freeman – Fashion Forward Designer Incubator Inc
Source: Black Dollar Magazine