Sarah Kuponiyi is a passionate youth leader whose work cut across gender equality and sexual reproductive health.
The certified adolescent sexual health professional from Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) Switzerland has other certifications from Global Health Learning Center an affiliate of John Hopkins Public Health Institute.
Her passion for development and advocacy led to the founding of A Well-Informed Adolescent (AWA) Initiative, where she leads the team in creating and managing Safe Spaces that ensure young people can achieve their potential by enabling them access to essential services such as sexual health, mental health building equitable gender norms skills among adolescents, quality formal and technical education and opportunities to create livelihood like skills acquisition and empowerment without being exposed to discrimination, harassment, emotional or physical harm.
Since Inception, AWA Initiative has implemented projects on addressing Gender based violence at the community level, fighting for gender equality, youth health and development that has been donor funded by Global Affairs Canada, IHS Towers of Strength, Peace First, and Pollination Grant among others. She also leads innovative school based interventions on adolescents’ sexual reproductive health programs. She manages various Youth Resource Centers a role she has been consistently doing even after working with CUSO International as a Youth Resource Center Manager.
Sarah who is also the CEO of Alora Reusable Pads uses her skills to advocate for upholding of human rights for sexual reproductive health, to ensure women and gils can be equal and free to make dcisons in all spheres of their lives, without discrimination. Violence or coercion.
Through AWA , Sarah has handled several projects like;
- A Well-Informed Adolescents Campaign
- Tackling Gender Based Violence; A weekly program that offers crucial approach to poverty reduction, economic development and a key to protect sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Friday Talk Date: In this event we provide adequate age appropriate comprehensive sexuality education to adolescents at the youth resource center
- Safe Space Activities: We provide youth friendly services that cater for the overall development of young people
- Health and Livelihood Programs
We celebrate Sarah for adding value to humanity, and using her platforms for social good.
You can contact AWA Initiative via the links below;