It can be easy to lapse into a predictable routine at the weekend, especially if you’re on a strict budget.
However, there are plenty of fun things to do on weekends! Here are examples of activities to liven up your free time. They are cheap, fun, and entertaining, so give them a go!
1. Go For a Walk: brisk walk is healthy and can be a fascinating pursuit.
2. Dance: Turn on the music, or stick on your earphones, and dance away to your favourite songs.
3. Join a Film or Book Club: Most film or literature fans will be able to find a weekly club. Here you’ll be able to meet like-minded people and discuss your hobby.
4. Visit Friends: Organize to meet with friends and spend the day talking and having fun.
5. Volunteer Work: Consider doing some volunteer work for a charity. As experience it can go on your CV, can introduce you to new people, and provide a welcome feel-good factor.
6. Bake some bread or cake using online recipes from YouTube or food channels on TV.
7. Netflix and chill: Netflix.com is a very cheap online streaming video service. Sign up to watch amazing shows such as Breaking Bad and Arrested Development.
8. As an alternative to Netflix, you can watch Free Films on YouTube: Typing “Full Movie” into a YouTube search brings up dozens of free films to watch. Check Rotten Tomatoes to gauge if they’re any good.
9. Go On a YouTube Marathon: It’s an amazing resource for fun and creative videos; go on a wild search for the funniest videos you can find.
10. Blog: If you want to write digitally you can start a blog (free on sites like WordPress) and connect with the world.
11. Have a Board Game Day: Want a break from the internet? Try these classics: Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Chess, Risk, Cluedo, Checkers, Battleship, or Snakes and Ladders.
12. Listen to Podcasts: Podcasts can be entertaining and informative at the same time. It is a free and accessible form of entertainment as it can be accessed anywhere using just your device.
13. Read: Reading is a great accompaniment to your life. Head to your local library for classics. You can search the internet for free books or ask your friends to recommend books to you.
14. Learn a Foreign Language: Nothing is stopping you from taking up French, Japanese, Italian etc. A foreign language can come handy, you just an never tell when.
15. Take an Online Course: You can learn anything you like at Coursera and Teachable. Just explore all the skills or interesting things you’d like to learn more about and take one of those courses.